Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Fonts

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 205: Today, I am grateful for fonts. 

I have a font problem. The Love-Of-My Life once questioned, "Are all of these fonts on the computer really necessary?" Being a wise man, he accepted my "Yes" and left it at that. I love him... and I love fonts. He chose not to press the issue. 

Creating Keepsakes had a program called "Fontastic". It had the vast selection of fonts on one CD. From cute and playful to regal and pompous, there was something for everyone. 
Literally... a font for every occasion

Of course, I had my favorites and I still use some of them today. Yes, I still have those fonts on my computer to this day. 

Helvetica is what I use to write daily gratitude posts ( http://fromvaleriesheart.blogspot.com/before I copy and past them to Facebook. Clean, fresh and good enough for most occasions. Helvetica translates cleanly into other fonts when a change is required.

Going beyond what is written in a text, the font chosen gives additional meaning to the communication. Is it formal or casual? Fonts give us clues....long before a story or letter is read. 

And the Lord answered me:“Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. -Habakkuk  2:2                                                                                                  

Write it. Make it plain. 

Today, I am grateful for fonts.


No comments:

Post a Comment