Monday, July 15, 2019

Interruptions

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 195: Today, I will choose to be grateful for the interruptions.

This articulate quote resonated deeply with my soul today. 

"When she finds herself overwhelmed by interruptions and distractions in life, she takes a deep breath and turns her focus to the present moment where she asks her Father, 'What do you want me to learn here? What do you want me to see?' For she knows it is here, in this unexpected place, He will calm her mind and give her peace." -Morgan Harper Nichols

Wow! Right? I often pray "What do You want me to learn?" but praying for clearer vision is equally important. 

Interruptions and distractions are inevitable in life. They can easily lead to "me" thoughts. "Me" thoughts can turn very selfish. To love Jesus and others better, we must pray for clearer vision. We must look for the needs around us, beyond our personal agendas. They are often our "God appointments" for the day. 


In 2016, I chose "vision" as my one little word for the year. This scripture became a life verse that is now etched on my heart. 

And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.-Habakkuk 2:2 

What do we write down and carry with us? Did you know that for many, the act of writing something down helps the human mind retain it? It is like the grocery list you write out, but forget at home. Often, our minds can tap into that memory because it was written down. 

In 2016, my one little word was "vision". I spent the year learning "Vision clears in a grateful heart." (Daily Gratitude, Year 2) It really does. When I learn to be grateful for the interruptions and distractions, my real mission becomes more clear. 

Ear Worm is awake and singing Amy Grant's song from the 80's, "In A Little While". I have always loved this song. It taught me to look for good, the more and the better through life's bumps and bruises. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY-k2hnIE7E

"We're just here to learn to love Him... we'll be home in just a little while."  

Look for the lesson. Look for opportunities to lean into His grace by being present in another's trials... and their joys. 

Today, I will choose to be grateful for the interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment