Monday, July 29, 2019

Thermal Cups

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 210: Today, I am grateful for cups that keep cold things cold and hot things hot. 

I love my thermal Tervis cups. I drink a ton of water during the day. I like it cold. My guys don't care as much. I know the body prefers the tepid water, but since water is my primary beverage... I prefer it my way. Cold. 

On the other hand... I like my coffee hot. Thermal cups are certainly the answer to keeping it that way. They are great for travel when I can't sip and enjoy my favorite hot beverage in leisure. Coffee is a necessity. 

As I began this quick post I wondered what scripture would apply? Then, it came in a flash.There is a passage in Revelation about how distasteful the lukewarm church is to God. It is one of the warnings in Revelation. 

“And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation. “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. -Revelation 3:14-16

If I can be picky about how I like things... as a mere human... is it any wonder that God is clear about His desires for his people and His church? Are we "Living In Laodicea"? Check out the old 80's song by Petra with that name. It is an oldie but a goodie. I don't want to be spit out. 

Today, I am grateful for cups that keep cold things cold and hot things hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment