Thursday, July 11, 2019

This is us!

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 191: Today, I am grateful this is us. 

This is my favorite picture from our wedding day. Why? This is us. 

Randy would ask me about my wedding dress before the wedding.  All I would tell him was that "It has 50 REAL buttons to unbutton and it V's to my belly button". Okay, not quite that low... and it had the illusion veil for additional modesty... but it was a deep "V" and it was fun to tease him. 

This picture was snapped when we were in the middle of the formal wedding portraits. I remember feeling Randy's breath and turning around to realize he was checking out my claim about the "V". I giggled and said, "Stop looking down my dress." It is one of my favorite memories from this day 32 years ago. 

(Thank you Tom Holmes for being a photographer ahead of your time and capturing the moments and not just the formal pictures.)

This is still us! It is still fun... but we go to bed much earlier and both of us are now morning people (one of us was born that way and one of us has aged into it). He is my beloved. I am his. 

My beloved is mine and I am his; -Song of Songs 2:14

We like each other most days. We choose love every day. I am so grateful he choose me and I get to choose him back. Love is the best choice. Love always wins. We are far from perfect... but we are perfect for each other. 

I am grateful we completed another year around the sun. Always together... in sunshine and in rain... in moonlight and at daybreak... in all seasons. Love you, honey!  

Today, I am grateful this is us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment