Sunday, May 3, 2020

Like A Camera

Year 8-Day 124: Today, I am grateful for the ways life is like camera.

I love taking pictures. I appreciate many things about the digital age, but there are times I really miss my film DSLR. There was something magical about taking a picture and waiting to see what happened when the film was developed. I was picky about who developed my film. I was loyal to those who did a good job (Our Morton Kroger was the best!!!) 

This quote took me back to those days: 

"Life is like a camera. Just focus on what's important. Capture the good times. Develop from the negatives & if things don't work out, just take another shot." 

That is relatively good advice for living. This Covid-19 quarantine has taken us back a step to simpler times. We have focused a bit more on what is important. We've made some memories... and sadly... we've missed making some, too. There is power in our choices. We can develop from the negatives and grow... and we can try again with each new dawn to make the most of right now. Or we can choose to be defeated and miserable. 

We can choose to press on:

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own." Philippians 3:12

Today, I am grateful for the ways life is like camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment