Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mama Ina Mae

Image may contain: 2 people, including Valerie Lindgren Smith, people sitting and closeupImage may contain: 6 people, tree and outdoor

Year 8-Day 130: Today, I am grateful for my Mama Ina Mae and the gift of children.

With the world situation, I couldn't see my Mama today. She does know we were with her in our hearts. Our recent tradition has been to drive over early and have breakfast with her on Mother's Day. This year, that could not be. It reminds me to be grateful for Mother's Day past... and those... hopefully ahead.

I am so grateful for our sons... and now daughters... who show love without hesitation or reservation. Being a mother has been the greatest of blessings and honors in my life. I am grateful for their patience with me as children and now as adults. Their love is unconditional and I do not take it for granted.

I am grateful for the scripture that reminds us God thinks family relationships are important.

"“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you."-Exodus 20:12

I know not every child is raised to live by the scriptures, so I am grateful I grew up surrounded by The Word. His word has been a place of learning, encouragement and refuge every step of the way.

Keeping it simple today. The pictures are my favorite of Mama and me... and the most recent of our family that has grown from four to five... and now six.

Today, I am grateful for my Mama Ina Mae and the gift of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment