Friday, May 1, 2020

Darkness Conquered

Year 8-Day 122: Today, I am grateful for darkness conquered.

"Now, every time I witness a strong person, I want to know: What dark did you conquer in your story? Mountains do not rise without earthquake." -Katherine MacKenett

This quote is new for me. It made me pause to think. It is true. True strength does not come from an easy path. It takes training, discipline, some steep hills, resistance, perseverance and faith.  

Light cannot help but disperse darkness. They cannot co-exist. When things get rough, keep pressing on and take in the light. Be the light. Spread the light. 

I try to remember in challenging times that Jesus never promised it would be easy. He said He would never leave us alone. He told us, it would be worth it. 

I was going for the verse that says "no eyes has seen, no ear has heard"... but this was my verse of the day:

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." -Hebrews 11:6

 Accidental? I think not. His Word is living and breathing. 

Our trust pleases Him. He rewards those who believe and seek him out with true hearts. No promise of an shortcut. Simply that he would be with us and He would make it worth it. 

Hang in there. Light always conquers darkness. 

Today, I am grateful for darkness conquered.


No comments:

Post a Comment