Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Three

Year 8-Day 146: Today, I am grateful for the number three.


Today... Chase and Emma have been married 3 years. We love how they love each other. 

Today... Walker & Abi have been married 3 days. Their marriage is sweet and new. 


This summer, Randy and I celebrate 33 years. Time does fly!  

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." -Ecclesiastes 4:12

I did a quick search of the 3:3 scriptures. I liked this one because it reminds me of marriage. 

Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction? -Amos 3:3 


When we have common goals, it is easier to agree on the path. 

The Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the perfect three. 

The Bible is clear that marriage teaches us a great deal about God's love for us. Jesus was willing to sacrifice for "His Bride"... even when it cost him everything. He felt the "Bride Price" was worth it. Why? I may never understand, but I know it changed everything.

When we invite the third cord, the marriage is strengthened. I love the old billboards that used to say: 
"Loved the wedding! Invite me to the marriage. -God"  

Inviting Him to the marriage doesn't mean it will be smooth sailing every day, but it strengthens us for the storms.   

Today, I am grateful for the number three.


No comments:

Post a Comment