Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The Dishwasher

Year 8-Day 140: Today, I am grateful for my dishwasher.

"I am grateful for the new day, and since we now eat every meal at home... my dishwasher." 

Once upon a time a dishwasher didn't really matter to me. I don't really mind doing dishes. Now that we have lived through babies, growing boy and quarantines... my dishwasher feel more like a necessity than a luxury. 

I particularly like that it is very hot while cleaning the dishes and silverware. That seems like a good thing for health reasons. When an item has been through the dishwasher, I know it is very clean. 

I know that washing dishes the way we do in modern days might seem like overkill from the eyes of one who lived 100 years ago or more. We have learned that some germs and viruses can we washed way in the hot, soapy dishwasher. That is a good thing on any given day, but especially now. Items are cleaned on the inside and the outside.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean.-Matthew 13:25-26

God's light is revealing. We want to be clean on the inside and the outside. We are all works in progress. Kind of like my kitchen is a constant work in progress. Like the laundry... it seems dishes is a task that rarely gets to completion. The dishwasher allows us to get the dirty dishes out of the way while we wait for them to be cleaned.  

A dishwasher is a good thing. 


Today, I am grateful for my dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment