Thursday, April 21, 2022

Mama's Birthday





 Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 112: Today, I am grateful for Mama Ina Mae's birthday.  

Mama is having her first heavenly birthday. She is happy, whole and delighting in fellowship with her Lord and loved ones there. I don't pretend to understand how it all works in Heaven's time... but I know she is singing, dancing , playing instruments and delighting in all things joyful and lovely. 

I wanted to share a few pictures...intending on images before Huntington's took its toll on her life and body. When I was going through the pictures, I ended up grabbing images that are mostly recent. She was so pretty in some of the images from her  youth, but my heart was drawn to these more current photos. She showed a rare kind of beauty... beauty in the face of suffering and health challenges. 

The picture with our arms in the air was going down a ramp up at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago where Mama went for treatment. I am so glad Jennifer snapped this image. When you can't control your circumstances, you still get to choose your attitude! People were watching us, but we didn't care. Mama didn't get out much, so we made the most of every moment. 

Huntington's Disease took a toll on her body, but it could not stop her joy. It still bubbled over and on her best days, we saw her wit and her wisdom. 

Today might be  her birthday, but Mama did her best to treat each day as a gift. She loved to serve and she loved to sing, dance and play musical instruments. She loved God's Word and knew it well... but more importantly she lived it. She was generous and the sweetest human I've ever known. 

Today, we miss her more than words can express, but we celebrate her Heavenly healing. We will always miss her... but we cannot help but smile knowing the fullness of her joy and freedom in heaven. 

Today, I am grateful for Mama's birthday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment