Thursday, April 28, 2022

Storm Proofing

 Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 119: Today, I am grateful for storm proofing. 


A special friend posted this today.  It is from "The Afters". The song is "I Will Fear No More". 
Take a listen and then listen again. 

It is truly a great song. This line jumped out and wrapped my heart in comfort:
“Even though I’m in the storm, the storm is not in me!”

Fear and anxiety are smothering. This world is filled with it. There is a mental health crisis at every turn. This song is fear and anxiety busting. Listen. Let it sit on your soul and know that it speaks truth.

The world wants us to tremble when the storms come. The media is obsessed with troubles and woes. Find a media that gives you the Good News. 

I do not suggest we put our heads in the sand and put on a pair of rose colored glasses. We are to stand firm in the confidence that this world is not our home. 

We are commanded to love God with all of our might, we are to do good, act with justice, show mercy and to spread the Word of our Lord. We have a Savior who was willing to live in alien skin so he might really understand all of the things we see, hear, smell, taste and feel. He took on all of our senses and emotions... and lived without sin. 

"You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross."  -Philippians 2:5-8

Jesus chose service and sacrifice over devine privilege. Think about it? Who does that? 

It is so rare to meet a human that doesn't expect "knowing someone" to give them special privilege or an exemption from whatever procedure is an inconvenience or beneath them. Jesus gave up the privilege of heaven and in addition, took on my punishment and my sin debt. He paid yours, too. 

This world is FULL of troubles. I want to say to my troubles... "Troubles...  you don't know my Jesus!" 

Don't be defeated or discouraged. Trust your storm proofing. 

In Him, we can find our storm proofing. Take a deep breath my friend. 

Today, I am grateful for storm proofing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMmmbJlWhtk


No comments:

Post a Comment