Sunday, April 3, 2022

Okay To Cry

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 94 : Today, I am grateful it is okay to cry.

Sometimes, I need a little reminder to return to the neighborhood. I am so grateful Mama was a fan of Mr. Rogers. I learned so much from his example and wisdom. While others found him corny, I always loved how safe he made everyone feel. 

His understanding of children was absolutely phenomenal. He, also, seemed to know that many adults have a scared child deep inside. 

People have said, "Don't cry." to other people for years and years, and all it has ever meant is, "I'm too uncomfortable when you show your feelings. Don't cry." I'd rather have them say, "Go ahead and cry. I'm here to be with you." -Mr. Fred Rogers

Mr. Rogers knew that emotion was not something to stuff. We needed to feel our feelings, but in ways that did not hurt ourselves or other people. In this quote, we are reminded of the power in companionship. During joys and sorrows. 

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep." -Romans 12:15

Friends don't let friends cry alone. They communicate, "I'm here with you." 

".... And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” -Matthew 28:20

Another scripture that brings great comfort. Forever is just right. 

He wipes away our tears.

Today, I am grateful it is okay to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment