Saturday, April 2, 2022

Winners & Losers

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 93 : Today, I am grateful there are winners and losers.

There is something about the seeking, searching writings of C.S. Lewis that always seems to touch my soul. He would dig through the scriptures like an archeologist and put the pieces together.

Sometimes it was a simple statement. Other times, he had many words to clarify what he had uncovered. Sometimes, with humor. He was famous for putting it out there in a way that made the average person think a little deeper about their faith.

Do we really believe Jesus is who he claims to be? I do. As Easter approaches and several loved ones have made their way to heaven, I find my soul rejoices in this victory:

"On the back of Satan's neck is a nail scarred footprint." -C.S. Lewis

There are winners and losers. Satan is a loser! He is a dream stealer. He doesn't fight fair... yes, he cheats. But, he does not win. Any way you slice it, he is going down!

All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-John 10:8-10

He came that we might have richer, fuller and more abundant lives. He is our hiding place, our port in the storm and our happy dance. Not in theory, but in real life. His victory over the tomb is our victory, too.

I am so grateful to be on the winning team. Death is swallowed up in victory.

When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”-1 Corinthians 15:54

Today, I am grateful there are winners and losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment