Monday, April 18, 2022

My Will Undone

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 109: Today, I am grateful for lessons in "Thy will" over "my will".

"To pray 'Thy will be done' I must be willing, if the answer requires it, that my will be undone." - Elisabeth Elliot

With Easter comes the reminder Jesus was willing to pray, "Thy will be done." and he followed through, all the way to the cross. He taught us to pray in that manner, but then he lived it.

"He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”-Matthew 26:39

His example is flawless. How do we follow His perfect ways?

He is well aware of our imperfections. Still, it is His heart's desire for us to seek Him daily. He longs for us to chase his heart and to see with his eyes the world around us. Does it seem too lofty of a goal?

He has the ability to work things out, even though we are imperfect. What about the times submitting to His will means my will must be undone? It is easy to be stubborn. We want to dig our heels in when we are sent a plot twist.

Noah never imagined boat building and animal husbandry would be his "retirement job". Joseph didn't see himself as an assistant to a Pharaoh and managing a nation's food supply. Paul, formerly known as Saul, changed his name as a result of submitting fully to Christ. There are so many adventures to be had when we say, "Thy will be done." and let Him lead.

"May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." -Matthew 6:10

He knows the number of our earth days. He wants to walk with us for the journey in celebrations and in sorrows. One day at a time.

Today, I am grateful for lessons in "Thy will" over "my will".

No comments:

Post a Comment