Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Price Check

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 111: Today, I am grateful for price checks.

The Love-of-my-Life and I are usually pretty frugal. Occasionally, we will make a big expenditure, but we really weigh the cost. For our wedding anniversaries, we made a decision early on in our marriage to buy something for our home we would not normally purchase. Something for our "nest" has been a great way to celebrate our love, family and life together.

We spend time deciding. He loves the hunt. I love the conversations. There are always price checks.

I love this quote:

"The price of anything is the amount of life you are willing to exchange for it." -Henry David Thoreau

Such wise words presented with a poetic flair. How much life are you willing to exchange? Time is precious. Time together with loved ones is priceless. We are only gifted one day at a time. It is up to us to evaluate how we will spend our time.

Our USA culture is obsessed with being busy. We intellectually know that down time with deep breaths is very healthy. We don't need to fill every minute. We find ourselves trapped by our schedules. The struggle is real... for me, too.

I loved finding this verse today. It fits perfectly.

"For I do not want to see you now just in passing. I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits." 1 Corinthians 16:7

Isn't that a great verse? "I do not want to see you just in passing, but to spend real time with you!" Real relationships take time. It isn't always easy but it is worth it.

"Thank you Jesus for the people you place in our paths. Help us create and protect margins that allow us to spend our days together as we live, love, laugh, grow and seek your face in our ordinary days. Remind us to do frequent "price checks" that honor you. " - Amen

Today, I am grateful for price checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment