Friday, August 28, 2020

Fireflies

 Year 8-Day 240: Today, I am grateful for fireflies.

One of the sweetest sights of summer is fireflies. They are mesmerizing to watch. They seem to dance across the evening sky. I think they are one of God's most fascinating insects. 

It was fun to catch and release as kids. I never had the heart for keeping them in a jar, separating them from their firefly families.

Fireflies are magical. They capture the imagination. They seem to magically appear... and just like that... they disappear, too. 

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.-Psalm 9:1 

As summer slips into fall, the fireflies disappear. I miss them when they are gone. (Long day... short post)

Today, I am grateful for fireflies.




No comments:

Post a Comment