Sunday, August 23, 2020

Tacos



 Year 8-Day 235: Today, I am grateful for tacos.

We have the best Mexican restaurant in Morton. La Fiesta is a family business. It has a hometown feel. You see the same faces. You watch the children and grandchildren of the owners grow up. The food is excellent.  Their tacos are always popular, because you can't go wrong with a taco, right?  

I loved this quote because it is true:

"It's okay if you fall apart sometimes. Tacos fall apart and we still love them." 

It is okay to fall apart for a moment. We all need to "let go" sometimes. We need to cry our tears and expel our frustrations. Sometimes we need to fall apart so we can begin the process of gluing ourselves back together. Letting down our emotional masks to feel our feelings can be very healing and very productive. 

When life isn't perfect, we can roll with the punches. We can keep our chins up and press on. We might fall apart for the moment, but that does not make us permanent failures or unlovable. Take a lesson from a taco.

When we fall apart, we can rest assured that our God is with us when we slip and when we fall apart. He cheers our souls.

"When I thought, “My foot slips,” your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."-Psalm 94:18-19

In Him, I find peace and restoration. 

Tacos feed the body like His faithfulness nourishes our souls. 

Today, I am grateful for tacos.


No comments:

Post a Comment