Wednesday, August 5, 2020

God Is Constant




Year 8-Day 218: Today, I am grateful God is constant.

This image was good for my soul today. 

I have never lived through a season where everything seems to change weekly, if not daily. The year 2020 will certainly be one for the history books. Change is constant in life, but this year... the changes seem to arrive, at times, in rapid fire. We adjust. 

Most of us have some routines in our lives that provide us with structure and comfort. When I have a little extra time, I love to French press coffee. The routine and the ritual feed my soul for the day again. When I feel overwhelmed, music matters. When singing a favorite song, you know what line comes next. The lyrics, rhythm and tune do not change. 

I surround myself with encouraging and inspiring quotes and scriptures. I started collecting them in my youth. Some of the those quotes and scriptures have become a part of my DNA. They hold truths that challenge and inspire. Others, fill me with peace. 

Two of my favorite passages go hand in hand. In one of my Bibles, I wrote down this old quote, "The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed. The New Testament is the Old Testament revealed."

Old Testament: “I the LORD do not change.”Malachi 3:6
New Testament: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." -Hebrews 13:8

Finding an Old Testament prophet's words echoed or unwrapped in the New Testament has the same kind of appeal I find in solving a good mystery. I love the challenge of digging a little deeper for truth, clarity and understanding. 

In this every changing world, I am grateful that our "True North" does not change. 

Today, I am grateful God is constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment