Friday, August 21, 2020

Fresh Paint





 Year 8-Day 233: Today, I am grateful for fresh paint. 

No one in my house enjoys painting very much, but we both love a freshly painted room. We have been in our house long enough that we need to do some updating. Fresh paint is one of the biggest "bangs for the buck" as they say. 

The colors in this image are beautiful. I love rooms with a modern cool color palette but I rarely find the courage to buy the paint and load the paint brush (or sprayer). I want our home to feel cozy, and that usually leads me to colors with more warmth. 

Can warmth and white co-exist? I believe they can. In fact, I believe there can be 27 shades of white and every one of them has some unique qualities. 

When in doubt, a shade of white will do. Which shade is perfect for the job? 

I've always loved this verse:

"Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." -Psalm 51:8b

It creates an image of renewal and restoration. 

Today, I am grateful for fresh paint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment