Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Keep Going

Year 8-Day 217: Today, I am grateful we can keep going.

There are days the temptation is real to simply quit! When the plate gets too full or the feet are too tired, the idea of "jumping ship" might be appealing. The truth is, going AWOL rarely provides escape. Troubled thoughts tend to follow us wherever we go. 

I have learned that when the going gets tough... those who press on and push through find peace much faster. We don't have to be perfect. We do have to do our best. The person in the mirror at the end of the day is a tough critic. Knowing we did our best is satisfying, even if we wish our best had been better. 


When life gets tough, you can't give up. You must gather your strength and keep going. 





There is no need to beat ourselves up on the learning curve. When we keep going, we find ourselves gaining new skills, new perspectives and new opportunities. These are gains we would never experience, if we quit when the going got tough. Press in and press on. 

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own." -Philippians 3:12

We don't need to be perfect, but persistent. 

Today, I am grateful we can keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment