Sunday, August 16, 2020

Recharging in the Wait

 



  Year 8-Day 228: Today, I am grateful for the recharge in the waiting places.

I don't love the "waiting" places. The times when you want to move or desire action, but know in your heart that you need to wait on the Lord. Sometimes, I want to move the mountain, my way. Frankly, I am not very good at mountain moving. 

Sometimes, I am so bent on a resolution that I fail to wait for His best in the moment and in the circumstance. His best is always better. I know it, but I don't always trust it. 

Being human... being imperfect... being stubborn... it gets in the way of successfully walking with the God who truly wants to pour His best into our lives. Trust and obedience are his requirements. Is it too much to ask? Not really. He is God. But the desire to do it my way is a hard dragon to slay. 

This verse is popular for a reason. It is full of powerful truths and infinite hope. 

"they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles;they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

Look at that verse! THREE semicolons. The semicolon is grammar's direction to "pause". Slow down and take in every bit of the instruction, the promise and the prophecy. Those who wait and take strength from Him can go the extra mile. 

In His strength we can hold our tongues when we want to lash out. We can be kind when we feel impatient or frustrated. We can recharge as we rest in His strength when ours fails or runs out. It is the difference between treading water and floating. 

Today, I am grateful for the recharge in the waiting places.

No comments:

Post a Comment