Saturday, August 15, 2020

Twins

  Year 8-Day 227: Today, I am grateful for twins!

Who has two sets of identical twins in one family? We do! When my Aunt married my Uncle David, he came with Paul, Eddie and Andy. Paul was the oldest and Eddie and Andy were identical twin boys. For us, more cousins was a reason to celebrate. Molly soon arrived adding some estrogen to the household. Molly wasn't very old when the second set of identical twin boys, David and James, completed the family. It was chaos and it was fun. 

Ed and Andy have been men for quite a few years, but it always makes me smile to think of our childhood days. We had it all and we didn't even know it. Life was sweet. Family gatherings were loud. The more the merrier, right? Especially when James and David arrived not long after Molly. 

My twin cousins, Dawn and Donna Hanson, are another fun pair. My Dad introduced the neighbor boy to his new sister-in-law and love blossomed. Neighbor boys married sisters. Aunt Judy and Uncle Larry gave birth to twins first...  so we had cousins nearby who were some of our best friends. Most of my childhood memories of family include my cousins. Twin cousins always increased the fun factor. 

Uncle Dave and Aunt Kathy divorced several years ago, but we are grateful for the family they made together. In this picture, Aunt Kathy was pregnant with Molly... and James and David were only a wish in their hearts. Paul is behind my Mama Ina Mae and Eddie & Andy are in the front row. 

Thanks Molly for sharing this picture. I love it!!! I wish Uncle Lee and Uncle Dave were not half hidden. And that front row... all kinds of trouble and so much to love.

By the way, Mama Ina Mae is in the middle of the picture... between Grandpa Vernon and Great Grandma Hulda. I think my Mama looks beautiful. 

"Children are a gift from God." Twins are double the gift. 

Today, I am grateful for twins!



No comments:

Post a Comment