Friday, August 14, 2020

The Sunrise of God's Faithfulness

 Year 8-Day 226: Today, I am grateful for the sunrise of God's faithfulness. 

The sun will come up tomorrow. It is something we count on. The day might be bright and cheery or it might rain. Whatever the weather, the sunrise is sure. There are times I think God placed the sun in the sky not just to warm and light the earth, but to give us new hope with each daybreak. 

"Just as the sun is faithful to rise, so too is God's faithfulness." -Michelle Bengston 

Nature can't help but reflect His glory. He loves order and whimsy, too. The earth spins and makes it's way around the sun in a way we can predict and observe. That is the order. But our God is so much more. While keeping the earth perfectly positioned to support life on this planet, he paints a new sunrise every morning. That is the whimsy.

Frankly, I find the orderly ways of nature as intriguing as the watercolor skies. 

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. -Psalm 9:1

All of his wonderful ways. They delight the senses and hope is renewed at each sunrise. 

Today, I am grateful for the sunrise of God's faithfulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment