Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Sight of the Stars

 

Year 8-Day 230: Today, I am grateful for the sight of the stars.

The sight of the stars is one of the things I love most about growing up rural. The scents of a summer night include the smell of the corn maturing and flowers in bloom. Everything about it sings the praises of the Almighty, but nothing like the twinkling stars. 

"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream." -Vincent Van Gogh

Glen Campbell had a popular song back in the late 70's called "Southern Nights". You can find it on YouTube. It was a crossover hit on Pop and Country charts. It was a feel good song that played on many car radios as people made their way to festivals, picnics, wedding dances and county fairs. 

I found found this clip with Wolfman Jack. I can't resist sharing.  The Wolfman's jacket sparkles like stars in the video clip. 


Southern nights and starlit skies go together. You can't help but feel a little dreamy. 

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him,and the son of man that you care for him? -Psalm 8:3-4

Yes, the stars create a dreamy sense of awe and wonder. Don't forget to pause and take in their wonder. 

Today, I am grateful for the sight of the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment