Friday, March 5, 2021

Comfy Couch

 

Year 9- Day 64: Today, I am grateful for the comfy couch.

When I mentioned I needed to  make my gratitude post, The Love of my Life offered up the comfy couch. I am pretty sure I've not ever paused to give thanks for my comfy couch.  It is where I often sleep for a few hours before I get in bed. 

I doze off, sitting up... and occasionally with warm tea in hand. (I do not recommend the warm tea in hand when you drop off to sleep.) There is something cozy about your spot on the couch.

"No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety." -Psalm 16:9

So many in this world live with danger daily. Evil is present in this world and violence happens. Some have no safe, cozy place to rest at the end of the day. A clean sofa in a safe house is truly a luxury item I take for granted. 

On the flip side of the coin, there are many who have amazing sofas filling multiple rooms in luxury homes, but they have no peace. They find no rest. They buy bigger and better sofas, but find no satisfaction. Whatever they have is never enough. 

In Jesus, there is rest. 

"Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

His love wraps us like our favorite spot on the couch tells us, "We are home.".

Today, I am grateful for the comfy couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment