Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tulips and Two Lips

 

Year 9- Day 88: Today, I am grateful for tulips and two lips. 

This week, I am thinking about flowers. The weather is turning and spring bulbs are popping up everywhere. Tulips brighten the landscape with their wide variety of colors. I think the yellow ones are like sunshine. 

As I was writing this, I could not help but think about "two lips" being a homophone for tulips. Our two lips offer up praise to the Heavenly Father for the wonder of His love. A love that came to rescue and restore. 

Like the tulips burst forth to announce the spring, so our two lips were made to praise the father and the son who chose a cross over the easy way out. 

"Unseal my lips, O Lord, that my mouth may praise you." (Psalm 51:15)

"Let praise flow from my lips, for you have taught me your decrees." (Psalm 119:171)

 Matthew warned that our two lips can get us in to trouble. Our lips can sing praises, but the praise should be from an honest heart. The Lord knows our hearts, so he is not fooled by empty praise

"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. " (Matthew 15:8)

He is knocking, waiting and longing for us to seek him with our whole hearts.

Today, I am grateful for tulips and two lips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment