Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Nightlights

 

Year 9- Day 83:  Today, I am grateful for nightlights.

Stumbling around in the dark can be dangerous. 

I typically fall asleep on the sofa and then wake up later to make my way to bed. I am grateful for the nightlights that keep me from stubbing a toe or running into items that are out of place. I don't necessarily fear the dark, but there are often unexpected little dangers. 

God created the original "nightlights". 

Then God said, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them be signs to mark the seasons, days, and years. -Genesis 1:14 

I've always loved the image of His word dispersing the darkness. Isn't that exactly who Jesus was and what he did, too. 

"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.  " -John 1:1

And again, the Word spoke and dispersed the darkness. He found us lost in our sin and our trials. He was, is and will forever be "The Light". 

In the book, "Heaven Is For Real", they ask the little boy about what happens at night. The child explains that there is no night, because He is the light. My earthbound mind cannot completely grasp what heaven will be, so I will cling to the promises found in His Word. 

Until there is no night, I will savor the knowledge that "The Light of the World" has power over the darkness, even when I struggle to see the purpose in the trials. 

 Today, I am grateful for nightlights... and that He is "The Light".


No comments:

Post a Comment