Friday, March 12, 2021

Down Time

Year 9- Day 71:  Today, I am grateful for down time.

I love this image from Pinterest. The minute I saw it I thought, "It feels like down time."

We all need a little down time. A chance to dress comfortably and enjoy some care free unscheduled moments with people we love. 

As life picks us speed, I wonder if we won't miss the days of open schedules... with time to talk, play a board game or simply hang out with family. To be comfortable with simply "being" and not busy "doing". 

The scriptures often remind us of the value and power of embracing the down time to tune into His Word, His will and His way. We can't really get to know someone if we don't spend any time with them. 

The same goes for our walk with Jesus. Relationships take time, thus we are encouraged to rest in Him.

Psalm 46:10 reminds us to "Be still and know I Am..." The wonder of the invitation to know and be known fills my heart with joy. 

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you." -John 15:4

Make the time to remain.  

Today, I am grateful for down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment