Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Chase

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 222: Today, I am grateful for Chase.

So many things change when you hold your first born child. I remember trying to hide my fear as we left the hospital with Chase. I remember thinking, "They'll let anyone have a baby and take it home." I don't think either of us felt qualified to parent. We simply hoped to keep him alive and not scar him emotionally.

We had no idea what we were doing. We had good friends, good neighbors and a good church and somehow we all survived. In a blink, thirty years have gone by.   

I am so grateful God gifted us with a child who was full of questions and always thinking. He kept us learning. He still does.  

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." -Psalm 127:3

A gift is not expected or earned. It is a blessing...an extra. Each on is truly precious. The old I get... the older they get... I am more cognizant of the preciousness of the gift.

Today, I am grateful for Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment