Wednesday, August 4, 2021

New Goals

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 215: Today, I am grateful for new goals.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream..." -CS Lewis

I think I needed this reminder today. Sometimes, I forget to create simple but honest goals. A new goal or a new dream are not accidental. They are pondered before they play out. 

There are times life does not make sense. Life can unfold in unexpected ways. We were never promised an easy road. Belief does to insure the journey will be easy or kind. He does promise we won't be alone. 

This was my scripture for the day. I didn't choose it, but I think He did. 

"The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple."-Psalm 119:30

He lights our paths and makes a way, even in desert seasons. He imparts understanding to the simple. How often do I overestimate my own fallible "understanding" instead of resting in the reassurance that He doesn't merely light our way... He IS the LIGHT. 

Today, I need to remember... in Him... we can set another goal and dream a new dream.  

Today, I am grateful for new goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment