Monday, August 2, 2021

Stop Touching It



Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 213: Today, I am grateful for reminders to "stop touching it". 

Don't tell Mama Ina Mae, but I am becoming her one day at a time. I find myself shaking my head every time I hear my Mama's words coming out of my mouth. Her sayings and her responses to circumstances fill my brain, waiting for the right time to spew out my mouth. 

When our students return to school, there are always bumps, bruises and boo-boos to be tended. I am grateful for our CMA. She is amazing, but when she is not available, I play back up health care provider. 

I always remind them I am just a secretary and a mom, but not a professional. They often are focused on showing us where it hurts. "It hurts when I do this." is a common statement. Like the insurance commercial on TV where they are doing classes to help people not become their parents, I have to bite my tongue to avoid saying, "Then, don't do that." It is what my Mama always said. 

Isn't it common sense to leave a wound alone? You would think so, but it seems there are many who can't stop from "touching" old wounds and revisiting them. What old wounds do we keep touching? What do we need to leave alone to allow time to heal? We must choose wisely. 

Jesus was full of grace, mercy and forgiveness. I am reminded that the person in the mirror is often the most difficult to forgive. Jesus led by example. Peter was mortified that he denied Jesus threw times in the hours before the crucifixion. After Jesus rose from the grave, he posed the question to Peter three times, almost as if he was covering the sin. "Peter, do you love me?", He asked. "Feed my sheep." Three times he asked with the same reply. 

"He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep." -John 21:17

There are times we need to put our failures to rest. We need to stop digging up the failures when God puts them to rest. 

 Today, I am grateful for reminders to "stop touching it"





No comments:

Post a Comment