Thursday, August 12, 2021

Laundry Stain Tips

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 223: Today, I am grateful for laundry stain tips.

Laundry stains can be frustrating. Some stains are harder to get out than others. This tip sheet looked share worthy. Hydrogen Peroxide really does work on blood. Most of these products are readily available in most homes. There is a sweet victory that comes with success at stain removal. 

Stain removal can be a great deal of work and often attempts are unsuccessful. A couple of them are new to me. Most stains removing tips work best before laundering. A stain that has set in the dryer is much more difficult to remove. 

The verse: "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." -Psalm 51:7

This 51st Psalm came from David's repentant heart after being confronted with his sin with Bathsheba by the prophet Nathan. David is overwhelmed. This song poured from his heart. 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit." -Psalm 51:10-12

I rarely wear white. I know myself too well. I stain it often before the first washing. It is as if the white out to any nearby stain maker. I know the remorse of staining a favorite clothing item or a new one. Stain removal tips are always welcome. 

David failed the Lord. His passion to be pleasing to God motivated many turns in his life. But when he messed up, one bad choice led to another. But David didn't let the stain on his life be the "rest of his story". 

As passionate as we might be to save pieces of laundry with bad stains, it is nothing compared to God's passion to save us in our messes and brokenness. He never gives up. He washes us clean and rejoices in the work. 

Today, I am grateful for laundry stain tips and a God who doesn't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment