Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Check Off List

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 228: Today, I am grateful for things checked off the list. 

Some days I need a list to help me remember all that needs to be done first. It is so easy to get distracted by things. Shiny things. Squirrels. Whatever comes up that takes my attention when it should be somewhere else. A list and a check make me feel successful. I really should use this tool more. 

Today is one of those days I have much to do and need some efficiency to kick in before the day gets away. I need a check off list. 

Lately, I've been thinking about all that must pass, according to scripture for Christ to return. It appears that things keep getting "Checked off" the list in prophecy. It is a time where the world seems more than a little crazy and it is easy to lose sight of what is good, what is true and what is real. 

As a child, this verse felt scary. I didn't relish the idea of dying for what I believe. This scripture looks different in this season of life. Its meaning unfolds. 

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. "Philippians 1:2

Real life... full life... a life lived with wild abandon is in Christ. To die is to be "with Him" but while we are still here we can live a full, wild and crazy existence "in Him" and "Him in us". 

I am a safety girl. I don't look for danger. But as I look at the signs of the times, I get a little excited about "check off lists". He does not abandon His own. We can check the box that says, "Child of God" and know we are never alone.

Today, I am grateful for things checked off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment