Saturday, August 21, 2021

Supply Chain Unbroken

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 232: Today, I am grateful God has promised to supply all our needs.

Elizabeth Elliot was fierce, resilient and somehow, gentle, too. When you lose your husband in death at the hands of the people he was trying to save, what woman in her right mind goes back to the jungle to continue the work? One who is willing to submit to the will of a loving God, even when she doesn't understand how He will be able to redeem the broken mess of her life. 

It is what she did. Relationships were built and those who had never heard the gospel were presented with the light, the truth and the choice. 

"God has promised to supply all our needs. What we don't have now, we don't need now." -Elizabeth Elliot 

I find her life inspirational and challenging. I'm a safety girl. Her courage and confidence moves something in my spirit. She challenges me to consider where I can be more courageous. She reminds me of one of the best promises in the scriptures:

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his "glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:19

All our needs. If we don't have it now, we don't need it now. It is as simple as that. This world is full of flashing messages that tell us what the world thinks we need. Wants and needs are not the same thing. 

"For in him we live and move and exist." -Acts 17:28a 

When we live and move and exist "in Him", we can count on help and provision. His supply chain is unbroken.

Today, I am grateful God has promised to supply all our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment