Friday, August 20, 2021

Follow the Leader

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 231: Today, I am grateful to follow the leader. 

Not everyone is worthy of the title leader. Leadership requires responsibility and tenacity. When left holding the bag in failure, a true leader needs to be able to accept accountability. 

This was my verse of the day. It sparked a thought. This verse is a good one to evaluate in multiple translations. The one I used today is the ESV. It is considered an excellent translation. Today, this verse seemed to unfold before my eyes. 

Have you ever followed in a line through a tight crowd or in a narrow tunnel or hallway? If the answer is "Yes.", consider how you follow the leader if you are holding hands. Typically, your right hand reaches forward and the left reaches behind. 

Look at this passage in light of that illumination:

"I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken." -Psalm 16:8

"He is at my right hand." 

It is the hand that reaches forward to grasp the one who will lead. It is as easy as can be. A tiny hand slips gently into the person walking ahead. It is usually the leader who reaches back and the follower takes the offered hand. With Him in the lead, we can feel weary and battered, but we are not without a leader.

 Today, I am grateful to follow the leader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment