Sunday, August 22, 2021

Rubber Boots

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 234: Today, I am grateful my God is better than rubber boots.

Thanks to Sandy Gary Horton for sharing today's image. 

"On the farm, Rubber Boots go with anything, especially pajamas." 

I knew it would make it into a "Daily Gratitude Post", but when my verse of the day came up, I knew today would be the day. 

Here it is today's scripture:

"I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."-Psalm 94:18-19

If David can compare God to a rock or a winged creature... surely, He isn't offended by a comparison to a good pair of rubber boots. He keeps us from slipping and renews our hope and good cheer. 

Growing up on the farm, a good pair of rubber boots was a necessity. The gravel lane would become sloppy and could ruin a good pair of shoes. As children, we loved the ease of slipping on the rubber boots. Convenient, practical and reliable. They did the job they were meant to do.  

Actually, I have a pair, as an adult, that I pull out when the weather gets ugly. My current pair are red with black and white polka dots on the inner liner. Fashion forward and practical, too. What more could a girl want? 

Actually, our Lord is better than rubber boots. He promises unfailing love. Boots can be cute and practical, but they can't love you back. His unfailing love is poured out on His children. 

If that doesn't make you want to dance in the rain, I don't know what does. If you choose to do a rain dance... remember the rubber boots. You won't regret your choice. 

Today, I am grateful my God is better than rubber boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment