Monday, August 16, 2021

Masterful Instructions

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 227: Today, I am grateful for masterful instructions.

I love a good set of instructions. I think we can learn so many new things through instructional videos and with paper directions. It is a benefit to let others do the work of figuring something out, so we don't waste time with trial and error. Although, the things I learn through failure sometimes stick with me better than the things that come easy. Oh, yes. Learning through failure has its own merits, even if it is less comfortable to my human ego. 

The first born, over achiever in me wants to do things well and be pleasing to those I serve. I do not relish humbling, but I grow from it. I delight in new learning. I can so easily get lost in new information and discoveries. To learn something new and figure out how to do it well creates a sense of pleasure and fulfillment. 

One of the ways our human nature battles with the divine nature of God is around the idea of who gets the credit. The scripture are clear, our God inhabits the praise of His people. He delights in our gratitude and acknowledgement of his awesome might and power. The fact of the matter remains... He is God and we are not. 

Adam and Eve questioning His authority may have been whispered by Satan, but they let the seeds of pride take root in their hearts. Temptation happens. How we respond to temptation often reflects our understanding of God. As a song I love once asked, "What do I know of holy?"

Our Creator designed our brains to learn. They are so complex that science still sits back and wonders at the unknown power of the mind. 

I love this passage that reminds me that if we get anything right, it is a reflection of His hand in our lives.  

“Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends." -2 Corinthians 10:17

He is the source of our successes. Ignoring His instruction is where most trials and failures begin. Because of His grace, there is forgiveness. Because of his mercy, there are new beginnings. Because of His love, there is hope. We can be molded into something better as we submit to the Master Potter's hand and His instruction. 

Today, I am grateful for masterful instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment