Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Baker's Twine

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 82: Today, I am grateful for baker's twine.

Spring is a season for crafting and projects. One of the items I grab for often is baker's twine. The red and white is reminiscent of a candy cane. The black and white classes up many simple projects and is perfect for hanging tags and gift wrapping in the season of weddings and showers. I have it in an assortment of colors. It is inexpensive and always increases the cuteness factor.

One of the things the Love of My Life does to show his deep and abiding love is his tolerance of my crafting supplies. He knows that a creative space is a happy space for me. He prefers the chaos stay in a room where he can close the door. I find it impossible to be creative and tidy. Pulling out supplies stirs the creative juices and leads to inspiration. Then, the clean up time always seems to be interrupted.

Baker's twine is a supply item that is most often used to finish off a project. The baker's twine is the "something extra" to take a finished item up a notch. I always have to use scissors. It does not break easily.

I can't help but think of this scripture when I see baker's twine:

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." - Ecclesiastes 4:12

We are better together. Even better than two are three, when Christ is the third strand in the triple braided cord.

Today, I am grateful for baker's twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment