Sunday, March 20, 2022

Limited Perspective

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 79: Today, I am grateful for reminders of our "limited perspective".

Many years ago, Jill and I used "The Story" for our Jr. High students on Wednesday nights. The deal was she would do tech support and help generate conversation and I would teach most of the lessons. We worked together easily, in the way old friends do. To our surprise, we both fell in love with the way "The Story" told about God's love for his creation.

"The Story" focused on "The Big Picture" and showed how many short stories and chapters added up to the "Big Picture". As humans, then and now, we are so often focused on our own individual chapters, we miss seeing the bigger story.

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." -Isaiah 55:8-9

Have I missed the perfection in this passage?

There have been times I have quoted this passage in acceptance of an answer to a prayer that didn't go the way I had hoped. Sometimes, it looks like a "No". Sometimes, it is a "No", but I forget that seeking His Heart and His Way means we want what He wants, too. His way is simply beyond our earthbound perspective and understanding. He is not hiding it. Our minds cannot conceive it.

We are required to be humble before Him. The closer we move toward Him, the more humility is a reflexive response to his awesomeness. Just as we react to the brightness of the sun, our souls react to the brightness of the Son. We cannot help but feel a genuine humility to a God who chooses to walk with us in all seasons. On our best days and in our brokenness... He never fails us.

He is so much more than we can imagine.

Today, I am grateful for reminders of our "limited perspective"



No comments:

Post a Comment