Saturday, March 5, 2022

Shelter

 Gratitude Year 10 - Day 65: Today, I am grateful for shelter.

When the storms rage and the winds blow, we realize the value of simple comforts like shelter. Any four walls and a roof are better than nothing, when Mother Nature blusters and blows.

Many nights we take our homes for granted. We appreciate the comforts of a house, but can't really imagine day to day life without the essentials of home. Until, the storm rolls in and the thunder rocks us.

This passage from Psalm 91 is full of hope:

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” -Psalm 91:1-2

It is good to know we have a place to run to when the storms feel out of control. Peace, calm and safety are in His arms.

Quickly changing temperatures usually brew up some turbulence.

Today, I am grateful for shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment