Monday, March 28, 2022

Courage and Patience

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 88 : Today, I am grateful for lessons in courage and patience.

"We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world." - Helen Keller

I am on a Helen Keller quote kick to start this week. She is simply amazing to me. All that she accomplished in a time without fancy technology. Her stubbornness met its match in Anne Sullivan and it changed not only her world, but the future for all people who lived life deaf and blind. I cannot even imagine the challenges. For Helen to come to the conclusion that her struggles produced good and important fruit reminds me to be more patient and more brave. I prefer the safe route, but life is fuller when we step outside our comfort zone.

This scripture might seem hard to swallow on tough days:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." -James 1:2-3

But I know this, the Bible is truth and light. Pure joy from trials? Maybe not in the moment. The scripture says it "produces perseverance". A flower or fruit is not produced on the day it is planted. It comes in time. With good soil, watering and of course... light from the sun. Or is it light from The Son?

Today, I am grateful for lessons in courage and patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment