Thursday, March 10, 2022

Brave Little Crocus

 Gratitude Year 10 - Day 70: Today, I am grateful for the brave little crocus.

The Love of My Life spotted the crocus coming up. It is always a thrill to see the first signs of spring. The brave little crocus pops up it's head... sometimes through the snow and whispers, "Have hope weary child, winter is almost over." 

Isn't that good news? 

It doesn't really make sense for the earliest spring flowers to bloom when they do. The risk of freezing is very real. Still, they bravely make their appearance. 

I am afraid that I will never be compared to a crocus. I am not very brave. I like to be comfortable. I need to work on stretching and courage. So much adventure is waiting for those who throw caution to the win and allow themselves to bloom under the shelter of His wings. 

This scripture is perfect for today, as we have snow once again. 

"and endurance produces character, and character produces hope," -Romans 5:4

I can't help but smile, every year when they bloom. Spring is closer than it appears. 

Today, I am grateful for the brave little crocus.

No comments:

Post a Comment