Thursday, March 3, 2022

Finished Jobs

 

Gratitude Year 10 - Day 63: Today, I am grateful for finished jobs.

Oh the joy of a job completed. I am working on one that seems to have a finish line that keeps moving. Ever feel that way?

I was actually looking for this scripture yesterday, and I found it in my inbox today. I am reminded that I am not really the one in control of "the finish line". Only He knows the number of our days.

When working on a task, it is nice to be able to calculate when it will be complete, but life is seldom simple. Our days get complicated at best.

It is good to remember there is one who is far greater than we are. He is in charge. We simply have to wake up, show up and seek his face. He will lead if we let him.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:8-9

He knows where the finish line is and will guide our days when we walk in His ways. 

Today, I am grateful for finished jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment