Friday, March 11, 2022

Speak my Language

 Gratitude Year 10 - Day 71: Today, I am grateful for those who speak my language. 

My brains seems wired to think in lyrics, especially when I am under stress. I love a good rhyme and rhythm. Randy and I are so much on the same page at times, it is scary. He knows what I am thinking and we quite often say things at the same time. As different as we are in some ways, the guy speaks my language and I adore him. 

If you ever travel to places where your native tongue is foreign, it is a relief to hear your language of birth. 

This cartoon made me giggle. If you laughed, you might speak my language, too. It is quite funny. Such a Ding Dong, right? Humor is another place where we can use the same words, but the message can be unclear if we don't hear the humor or sarcasm. This is why emails can be very dangerous. What is written can lose some of the meaning if we can't hear the tone of voice. 

Isn't it interesting that the three most commonly spoken languages were on the sign that identified Jesus? They wanted those who could read to be able to read what was written. 

And Pilate posted a sign on the cross that read, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.” The place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek, so that many people could read it.” -John 19:19-20

The purpose was to mock him. The hatred was spewed toward Jesus, and he took it like a lamb. He was the lamb. The language He favored was love. And his choice to be our sacrifice opened the door for all to come to the cross and choose Him as Savior and Lord. Love was crucified, but then it rose again in victory. That victory is a common language for all who have believed and received.

Today, I am grateful for those who speak my language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment