Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Feelings & Truth

Gratitude Year 10 - Day 62: Today, I am grateful for the reminder to not always trust the feeling.

I've collected quotes in different forms for all of my life. I will never forget my favorite definition of a pessimist:

"A pessimist feels bad when he feels good, for fear of feeling worse when he feels better." -unknown

Some people have no desire to feel better. It is a sad truth. It is easy to get caught up in the slump of misery. I'd rather be a cock-eyed optimist.

Much of life is choosing our perspective. Some seasons in our life feel like a train wreck. I needed a reminder that what we feel is not always truth. Truth illuminates our darkness.

The talented Ann Voskamp created this quote and image. "The thing that feels like a shadow - it can be the shadow of God's wing."

Is it a shadow? Is it God's wing? Does the shadow provide protection? Time unfolds the answers.

Perfect!


"This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him." -Psalm 18:30

He is our place to cool down, to recharge and to hide. It is too

Today, I am grateful for the reminder to not always trust the feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment