Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Soft Towels

Gratitude Year 10 - Day 76: Today, I am grateful for soft towels.

Big, thick and thirst towels wrap us in comfort after a bath or shower. The best of the bunch are the ones that are super soft. They do more than dry us off. They are like a hug. If you house is like ours, everyone has their favorites.

The luxury of being able to bathe and dry off in a private, safe and comfortably place is something many of us take for granted. It is one of the ordinary things in our lives that is truly extraordinary. The right towel finishes the job perfectly.

There are many who struggle, with their basic needs barely being met. My Sister-In-Love, Jan, is part of a ministry that helps those who do not have access to home showers a place to bathe and clean up. Those who use the service look forward to their turn. The chance to be clean and fresh... it helps give them back some of their dignity.

Purge me with hyssop and I will be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." -Psalm 51:7

Oh to be comfy, cozy and clean... inside and out! 

Today, I am grateful for soft towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment