Thursday, March 17, 2022

Favorite Shade of Green

 


Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 77: Today, I am grateful for my favorite shades of green.

I know everyone has shades of green they love. My favorites are warmed with yellow undertones. New life sprouting a Spring brings back the greens and the bright, tropical greens, too. Even neon greens like chartreuse make me smile. These greens remind me of new life and happy times. 

Many are wearing the green for St. Patrick's day this week. Ireland is a place I dream of visiting for the many shades of green... and to listen to the Irish accent. 

I cannot help but think God has a special love for the color green. He uses it in so many ways to paint our landscapes. In the greens there is renewal and hope. We tend to think of blues as calming and serene, but the scriptures say:

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need. He makes me to lie down in green pastures Psalm 23

I once associated the 23rd Psalm with funerals and death. Max Lucado wrote a beautiful book unraveling it verse by verse. It is a song of peace and contentment and full of hope and renewal. There is protection and abundance when the Lord is our Shepherd and providing our pasture lands. 

Take in the greens. They are popping out all over. Share your favorite shade and make note of the blessings in the greens. 

Soon... rows of new baby corn and beans will be popping up on the landscape. Fresh, a little fragile and full of promise.

Today, I am grateful for my favorite shades of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment