Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Lion on my Left


Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 90 : Today, I am grateful for the Lion on my left.

"I was quite safe. That is why the Lion kept on my left. He was between me and the edge all the time." -C.S. Lewis (The Horse and His Boy)

Doesn't this grab your heart? It does mine. There are scary edges with unknown dangers in this life. Isn't it comforting to know we have a "lion on the left"?

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." -Psalm 5:11

Heights make me nervous. I don't like being to close to any edge. Safety first!

There is great comfort in a God who puts himself between us and the edge. He knows our hearts and the sound of our heartbeat. We have nothing to fear.

Today, I am grateful for the Lion on my left.

No comments:

Post a Comment