Thursday, December 8, 2022

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 343: Today, I am grateful it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

I love that song. It brings up images of Christmas decorations in stores, downtown and in our homes. Children of all ages are caught up in the magic of it all. 

Each morning, on my drive to work, I drive by the Winkel home. They have a yard full of Christmas. It makes me smile. I know their children delight in their efforts. I enjoy it, too. 

Decorating is often a family affair. I know our sons still help The Love of my Life get the decorations out of the attic. I am grateful for their helping hands. 

Wreaths, lights, trees, and so many other items help our homes come to life for the Christmas season. The wreath of evergreen is the same shape as the crown of thorns Jesus would bear on the cross made from a tree. Jesus is the Light of the World! 

"Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” -John 8:12

May the decorations point the way to "The Reason for the Season. "

Today, I am grateful it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment