Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Preparations Made

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 362: Today, I am grateful for preparations made. 

Be it preparations for a visitor, a homecoming, or even a baby... intentional preparations create a sense of warmth and welcome. There is a joy and  a hope in the knowledge that someone is excited about  your arrival. 

When Jesus was trying to prepare his disciples for his crucifixion, which would be followed by his return to heaven, He encouraged them with this promise:

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am." -John 14:1-3

It's a big house and there are many rooms. Unlike the full inn on that Bethlehem night, His house is being prepared for our arrival. For those who say "yes" to His call  upon their hearts, a room is reserved. The R.S.V.P. is received. 

We don't know the hour or the minute we will take our last breath. Sometimes we have a little bit of warning. Other times, the call home is unexpected. We are instructed to be ready. 

We can celebrate the knowledge that kneeling before the cross in repentance, recognizing His Lordship, and submitting our lives to His purpose seals the deal. Our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.  When we arrive, it will be with celebration and expectation. 

Today, I am grateful for preparations made. 


No comments:

Post a Comment